- All Categories
- Accounting & Finance
- Admin, secretarial & PA
- Business Management
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Construction Management
- Customer Services
- Event Management
- Health & Social Care
- Hotel Management
- HR Management
- Information Technology
- Ofqual Qualifications
- Personal Development
- Professional Training
- Project Management
- Workplace & Team Management
- Learning Platform
- Contact Us
Level 5 Diploma in Health & Safety in Workplace
Health & Safety to those who are looking to work in Health & Safety Maintainer and Development Sector. UKPDA is one of the Leading Online Health & Safety in Workplace Diploma provider in the United Kingdom and Health & Safety in Workplace Diploma include 10 important modules that teach learner about their need and succession in their professional life.
Module 1: Health and Wellness at Workplace
- Access Health and Wellness Program Needs
- Plan a Health and Wellness Program
- Implement a Health and Wellness Program
- Maintain a Health and Wellness Program
Module 2: Civility in the Workplace
- Define civility, understand its causes, and enumerate at least three of its behavioral indicators.
- Understand the costs of incivility, as well as the rewards of civility, within the workplace.
- Learn practical ways of practicing workplace etiquette, including the proper use of greetings, respect, involvement, and political correctness.
- Learn the basic styles of conflict resolution and identify the style most appropriate for managing particular conflicts in the workplace.
- Learn skills in diagnosing the causes of uncivil behavior.
- Understand the role of forgiveness and conflict resolution in the creation of a civil working environment.
- Understand the different elements of effective communication, particularly effective para-verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Learn facilitative communication skills such as listening and appreciative inquiry.
- Learn specific interventions that can be utilized when there’s conflict within the workplace.
- Learn a recommended procedure for systematizing civil behavior within the workplace.
Module 3: Critical Thinking
- Understand the components of critical thinking
- Utilize non-linear thinking
- Use logical thinking
- Recognize what it means to be a critical thinker
- Evaluate information using critical thinking skills
- Identify the benefits of critical thinking
- Revise perspective, when necessary
- Comprehend problem solving abilities
Module 4: Mental Skills Development
- Understand Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Explain the cognitive domain
- Explore the two cognitive domains
- Explain types of knowledge
- Identify training in the cognitive domain
Module 5: Physical Skills Development
- Understand Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Explain the psychomotor domain
- Explore the different psychomotor taxonomies
- Explain ways to implement training in the psychomotor domain
- Identify psychomotor activities
Module 6: Lean Process and Six Sigma
- Develop a 360 degree view of Six Sigma and how it can be implemented in any organization.
- Identify the fundamentals of lean manufacturing, lean enterprise, and lean principles.
- Describe the key dimensions of quality – product features and freedom from deficiencies
- Develop attributes and value according to the Kano Model
- Understand how products and services that have the right features and are free from deficiencies can promote customer satisfaction and attract and retain new customers.
- Describe what is required to regulate a process
- Give examples of how poor quality affects operating expenses in the areas of appraisal, inspection costs, internal failure costs, and external failure costs
- Using basic techniques such as DMAIC and how to identify Six Sigma Projects
- Use specific criteria to evaluate a project
- Discover root causes of a problem
- Design and install new controls to hold the gains and to prevent the problem from returning.
Module 7: Conflict Resolution in Workplace
- Understand what conflict and conflict resolution mean
- Understand all six phases of the conflict resolution process
- Understand the five main styles of conflict resolution
- Be able to adapt the process for all types of conflicts
- Be able to break out parts of the process and use those tools to prevent conflict
- Be able to use basic communication tools, such as the agreement frame and open questions
- Be able to use basic anger and stress management techniques
Module 8: Crisis Management at Workplace
- Understand the myths behind workplace violence
- Define escalation and identify examples
- Learn concerning behaviors
- Know what a trigger is and how that can escalate
- Understand the proper response to an event
Module 9: Handling Difficult Customers at Workplace
- Cultivate a positive attitude
- Manage internal and external stress
- Develop abilities to listen actively and empathize
- Build a rapport with customers in person and over the phone
- Understand the diverse challenges posed by customers
- Develop strategies to adapt to challenging circumstances
Module 10: Organisational Skills at Workplace
- Examine current habits and routines that are not organized
- Learn to prioritize your time schedule and daily tasks
- Determine ways of storing information and supplies
- Learn to organize personal and work space
- Learn to resist procrastination
- Make plans to stay organized in the future