- All Categories
- Learning Platform
- Contact Us
Level 5 Diploma in Admin, Secretarial & PA
Admin, Secretarial & Personal Assistant to those who are looking to work in Admin, Secretarial & PA Sector. UKPDA is one of the Leading Online Admin, Secretarial & PA Diploma provider in the United Kingdom and Admin, Secretarial & PA Diploma include 10 important modules that teach learner about their need and succession in their professional life.
Module 1: Executive and Personal Assistant
- Adapt to the needs and styles of management
- Communicate through written, verbal, and nonverbal methods
- Improve time management skills
- Manage meetings effectively
- Act as a gatekeeper
- Use the tools of the trade effectively
Module 2: Business Writing Skills
- Gain better awareness of common spelling and grammar issues in business writing.
- Review basic concepts in sentence and paragraph construction.
- Know the basic structure of agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Know tips and techniques to use when deciding the most appropriate format to use for agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Know tips and techniques in writing agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Gain an overview of Request for Proposals, Projections, Executive Summaries, and Business Cases.
- Define proofreading and understand techniques in improving proofreading skills.
- Define peer review and list ways peer review can help improve business writing skills.
Module 3: Communication Strategies
- Understand what communication is
- Identify ways that communication can happen
- Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Develop their non-verbal and par verbal communication skills
- Use the STAR method to speak on the spot
- Listen actively and effectively
- Ask good questions
- Use appreciative inquiry as a communication tool
- Adeptly converse and network with others
Module 4: Customer Support
- Define customer support
- Know the different venues for customer support
- Recognize challenges of customer support
- Learn different applications
- Know proper forms of documentation
- Learning to be proactive in customer support
Module 5: Meeting Management
- Planning and Preparing
- Identifying the Participants
- How to choose the time and place
- How to create the agenda
- How to set up the meeting space
- How to incorporate your electronic options
- Meeting Roles and Responsibilities
- Use an agenda
- Chairing a Meeting
- How to deal with disruptions
- How to professionally deal with personality conflicts
- How to take minutes
- How to make the most of your meeting using games, activities and prizes
Module 6: Organisational Skills
- Examine current habits and routines that are not organized
- Learn to prioritize your time schedule and daily tasks
- Determine ways of storing information and supplies
- Learn to organize personal and work space
- Learn to resist procrastination
- Make plans to stay organized in the future
Module 7: Presentation Skills
- Perform a needs analysis and prepare an outline
- Select presentation delivery methods
- Practice verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Knock down nervousness
- Develop and use flip charts with color
- Create targeted PowerPoint presentations
- Utilize white boarding for reinforcement
- Describe how video and audio enhance a presentation and list criteria for determining what types to use
- Enrich the learning experience with humor, questions, and discussion.
Module 8: Time Management
- Plan and prioritize each day’s activities in a more efficient, productive manner
- Overcome procrastination quickly and easily
- Handle crises effectively and quickly
- Organize your workspace and workflow to make better use of time
- Delegate more efficiently
- Use rituals to make your life run smoother
- Plan meetings more appropriately and effectively
Module 9: Telephone Etiquettes
- Recognize the different aspects of telephone language
- Properly handle inbound/outbound calls
- Know how to handle angry or rude callers
- Learn to receive and send phone messages
- Know different methods of employee training
Module 10: Microsoft Office
- Excel 2016 Essentials
- Create and Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
- Manage Data Cells and Ranges
- Create Tables
- Perform Operations with Formulas and Functions
- Use Quick Analysis, Charts and Objects
- Outlook 2016 Essentials
- Communicate with Email
- Manage Messages
- Manage Schedules
- Manage Contacts and Groups
- Manage the Outlook Environment
- PowerPoint 2016 Essentials
- Create and Manage Presentations
- Insert and Format Text, Shapes and Images
- Insert Tables, Charts, SmartArt, and Media
- Apply Transitions and Animations
- View Slideshows and Work with Multiple Presentations
- Word 2016 Essentials
- Create and Manage Documents
- Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
- Create Lists and Tables
- Insert and Format Graphic Elements
- Create and Manage References
Module 11: 10 Soft Skills
- Discuss how soft skills are important to success in the workplace
- Understand the 10 key soft skills everyone should have
- Use soft skills to relate more effectively to others in the workplace
- Understand how to use soft skills to communicate, problem-solve, and resolve conflict
- Apply soft skills to specific situations
Module 12: Appreciative inquiry
- Know the meaning of appreciative inquiry
- Think in positive terms and avoid thinking negatively
- Encourage others to think positively
- Recognize positive attributes in people
- Create positive imagery
- Manage and guide employees in a positive environment
Module 13: Call Center
- Define and understand call center strategies.
- Identify different types of buying motivations.
- Create SMART Goals.
- Familiarize myself with strategies that sharpen effective communication.
- Use proper phone etiquette.
- Set benchmarks.